Informed Consent

News blog

YKIOK: Your Kink Is OK (22 Feb)
"No place in our society": Paul Goggins has died (8 Jan)
Protest against "Rape" Porn censorship law, London, 16 Dec '13 (21 Nov)
Submissive But Not Your Submissive (16 Sep)
More calls to criminalise possession of "rape" pornography (7 Jun)
more posts...

IC group on FetLife
- IC feed on FL
- UK events list

IC on Twitter

IC on Facebook

BDSM Rights
- Campaigns
- Organisations
- Other groups
- Documents

BDSM Flag
- Other symbols

Submissive But Not Your Submissive

About IC

© Informed Consent
1997-2014

UNIFORMS

Posted by Ms_Eve_White on Sat 18 Jun 2011 to Upstairs_downstairs

All those in service within a Household will need to be uniformed, dependent on their role.

I am posting up some links to uniforms that are real, practical and reflect the status of the individual. There is no place for fancy, frivolous dresses when in service.

http://www.internet-workwear.co.uk/acatalog/Maid...

http://www.kelticclothing.co.uk/uniformclothing/...

If you have any links to such uniforms, please add to the posting.

Reply by Ms_Eve_White on Sat 18 Jun 2011

The Muir Academy which many of you are already familiar with.

http://www.academywear.com/browse.php?pid=3&cid=...

Reply by canequest on Sat 18 Jun 2011

i am wholly respectful of Ms Whites criteria for service attire and thus i am posting this link for when other forms of relevant clothing may also be required when in service, for the more formal Dinner parties for example.

i can recommend the supplier however for both quality and customer service having a selection of their products myself.

http://www.boutique.co.uk/acatalog/Victorian_Col...

Reply by Petticoatmaid on Sat 18 Jun 2011 (modified Fri 24 Jun 2011)

Dear Ms White,

Thank you for telling us about the type of Uniform your house maids will be required to wear. Your choice looks very smart and practical for a working maid.

A uniform like this will ensure the maid is kept fully aware of her role and position in the house. In this type of uniform the maid would be quite unobtrusive as she goes about her work. One could imagine that when fully trained the maid will become almost invisible! I was wondering if Ms White would find it pleasing to have all of her maids serving in identical matching uniforms? Perhaps for Tea Parties and Dinner Parties? Thank you, Patsy

Reply by maid_sarah on Sun 19 Jun 2011

http://www.alexandra.co.uk/catalogue/banqueting/...

http://www.simonjersey.com/PagesPublic/ProductBr...

Reply by bethTVmaid on Sun 19 Jun 2011

maid_sarah wrote:
http://www.alexandra.co.uk/catalogue/banqueting/...

http://www.simonjersey.com/PagesPublic/ProductBr...

You got there before me. For any kind of practial tasks, cleaning, readying Mistress or the hundreds of other jobs needed to keep a house in order one of the Alexandra styles is worn. It's augmented by a pvc apron for some tasks, aprons or tabbards for others.

beth

Reply by Ms_Eve_White on Fri 24 Jun 2011

nether_regions wrote:
Ms_Eve_White wrote:
UNIFORMS

There is no place for fancy, frivolous dresses when in service.

Dear Ms White,

I couldn't agree more, for whilst I enjoy donning the frou-frou of more flouncy uniforms, they simply are not practical for the rigours of service.

However, I would be extremely interested to read your opinion on what is the proper underwear for a maid. I only mention this as I, for one, do prefer to wear silken undedwear, even under the most severely starched cotton uniform.

Young lady, I am surprised that you need to ask this question.

A maid wearing silken underwear must only be doing it for a couple of reasons - her pleasure, or for that of another.

I would question where she got the money from for such luxuries, and I certainly do not consider them to be part of a uniform within My Household.

Therefore, if the wearing of such under garments came to My attention, the girl ( or even worse, the houseboy) in question would be dealt with in a very severe manner, and probably infront of other Household members as a real warning to them against such wanton and sluttish mode of dress and behaviour.

Ms White

Reply by SubWillow101 on Fri 24 Jun 2011

I like the victorian one that's just under £200, I wish I had the money though for it :(

Reply by Ms_Eve_White on Sat 25 Jun 2011

nether_regions wrote:
Ms_Eve_White wrote:
nether_regions wrote:
Ms_Eve_White wrote:
UNIFORMS

There is no place for fancy, frivolous dresses when in service.

Dear Ms White,

I couldn't agree more, for whilst I enjoy donning the frou-frou of more flouncy uniforms, they simply are not practical for the rigours of service.

However, I would be extremely interested to read your opinion on what is the proper underwear for a maid. I only mention this as I, for one, do prefer to wear silken undedwear, even under the most severely starched cotton uniform.

Young lady, I am surprised that you need to ask this question.

A maid wearing silken underwear must only be doing it for a couple of reasons - her pleasure, or for that of another.

I would question where she got the money from for such luxuries, and I certainly do not consider them to be part of a uniform within My Household.

Therefore, if the wearing of such under garments came to My attention, the girl ( or even worse, the houseboy) in question would be dealt with in a very severe manner, and probably infront of other Household members as a real warning to them against such wanton and sluttish mode of dress and behaviour.

Ms White

Dear Ms White,

Your clarification of this matter is quite delightfully unequivocal ~ and resonates for this particular servant on so many levels.

For I must confess there is an element of selfish pleasure in wearing pristine ice-white satin knickers, with matching lace trim, beneath my uniform...perhaps with the silly notion their silky sheen may be pleasing to the eye of whomsoever may discover them ~ and perhaps even more so if I am serving as a kilted houseboy!

I assure you, Ms White, I do strive so incredibly hard to be both dutiful and obedient at all times ~ but I somehow suspect my mode of underwear would indeed find me presenting myself for punishment before the gathered assembly of other household staff. I am sure I would no doubt deserve such humiliation.

~x~

Selfish, yes. And it would seem like this girl also has delusions of Grandeur . Both of which require corrective attention. A servant should be humble and put others before herself.

As a thoughtful Mistress and once their chores are done , I do occasionally allow well behaved and diligent girls to dress up and go to a dance. So I am not all nasty.

Reply by condemned on Sat 25 Jun 2011

Some very good uniforms on those sites.I have to agree that there is no room for frivolity and dressing up when in real service.

The mode of dress should be practical and look subservient.A uniform serves to remind one of their place and if it makes the wearer feel humble by wearing it so much the better.

Reply by Petticoatmaid on Mon 27 Jun 2011

Ms_Eve_White wrote:
nether_regions wrote:
Ms_Eve_White wrote:
nether_regions wrote:
Ms_Eve_White wrote:
UNIFORMS

There is no place for fancy, frivolous dresses when in service.

Dear Ms White,

I couldn't agree more, for whilst I enjoy donning the frou-frou of more flouncy uniforms, they simply are not practical for the rigours of service.

However, I would be extremely interested to read your opinion on what is the proper underwear for a maid. I only mention this as I, for one, do prefer to wear silken undedwear, even under the most severely starched cotton uniform.

Young lady, I am surprised that you need to ask this question.

A maid wearing silken underwear must only be doing it for a couple of reasons - her pleasure, or for that of another.

I would question where she got the money from for such luxuries, and I certainly do not consider them to be part of a uniform within My Household.

Therefore, if the wearing of such under garments came to My attention, the girl ( or even worse, the houseboy) in question would be dealt with in a very severe manner, and probably infront of other Household members as a real warning to them against such wanton and sluttish mode of dress and behaviour.

Ms White

Dear Ms White,

Your clarification of this matter is quite delightfully unequivocal ~ and resonates for this particular servant on so many levels.

For I must confess there is an element of selfish pleasure in wearing pristine ice-white satin knickers, with matching lace trim, beneath my uniform...perhaps with the silly notion their silky sheen may be pleasing to the eye of whomsoever may discover them ~ and perhaps even more so if I am serving as a kilted houseboy!

I assure you, Ms White, I do strive so incredibly hard to be both dutiful and obedient at all times ~ but I somehow suspect my mode of underwear would indeed find me presenting myself for punishment before the gathered assembly of other household staff. I am sure I would no doubt deserve such humiliation.

~x~

Selfish, yes. And it would seem like this girl also has delusions of Grandeur . Both of which require corrective attention. A servant should be humble and put others before herself.

As a thoughtful Mistress and once their chores are done , I do occasionally allow well behaved and diligent girls to dress up and go to a dance. So I am not all nasty.

Dear Ms White, I just wanted to say I think you are a Wonderful lady.

Reply by Ms_Eve_White on Tue 28 Jun 2011

Thankyou. I like to think I am firm and ( generally) fair.

And the times I am NOT fair, the one suffering just has to remind themselves that that is just one of the aspects of their chosen path in life, and also part of their role within My Household.

Reply by Petticoatmaid on Fri 1 Jul 2011

Petticoatmaid wrote:
Ms_Eve_White wrote:
nether_regions wrote:
Ms_Eve_White wrote:
nether_regions wrote:
Ms_Eve_White wrote:
UNIFORMS

There is no place for fancy, frivolous dresses when in service.

Dear Ms White,

I couldn't agree more, for whilst I enjoy donning the frou-frou of more flouncy uniforms, they simply are not practical for the rigours of service.

However, I would be extremely interested to read your opinion on what is the proper underwear for a maid. I only mention this as I, for one, do prefer to wear silken undedwear, even under the most severely starched cotton uniform.

Young lady, I am surprised that you need to ask this question.

A maid wearing silken underwear must only be doing it for a couple of reasons - her pleasure, or for that of another.

I would question where she got the money from for such luxuries, and I certainly do not consider them to be part of a uniform within My Household.

Therefore, if the wearing of such under garments came to My attention, the girl ( or even worse, the houseboy) in question would be dealt with in a very severe manner, and probably infront of other Household members as a real warning to them against such wanton and sluttish mode of dress and behaviour.

Ms White

Dear Ms White,

Your clarification of this matter is quite delightfully unequivocal ~ and resonates for this particular servant on so many levels.

For I must confess there is an element of selfish pleasure in wearing pristine ice-white satin knickers, with matching lace trim, beneath my uniform...perhaps with the silly notion their silky sheen may be pleasing to the eye of whomsoever may discover them ~ and perhaps even more so if I am serving as a kilted houseboy!

I assure you, Ms White, I do strive so incredibly hard to be both dutiful and obedient at all times ~ but I somehow suspect my mode of underwear would indeed find me presenting myself for punishment before the gathered assembly of other household staff. I am sure I would no doubt deserve such humiliation.

~x~

Selfish, yes. And it would seem like this girl also has delusions of Grandeur . Both of which require corrective attention. A servant should be humble and put others before herself.

As a thoughtful Mistress and once their chores are done , I do occasionally allow well behaved and diligent girls to dress up and go to a dance. So I am not all nasty.

Ms White is such a clever insightful Mistress. She knows Her maids so well. She knows, they will be so excited about being allowed to to wear their pretty party dresses, they will be on their very best behaviour all day!